Monday, January 16, 2017

A Brief Story About Me and How I Prepared to Come on Mission - Elder Felix Sunday Idemudo

A Brief Story About Me and How I Prepared to Come on Mission


I,


Felix Sunday Idemudo am a native of Efouieket, in Eket L.G.A. Akwa Ibom State Nigeria.  I am the last born to my father who is a late chief Sunday Idemudo Akwaowo.  I was bless in another church called the Celestial Church.  My father and my mother took me to the church on Sunday, June, 1997 for a blessing, after that Sunday, my father died.  He died on 16 July 1997.  He was buried on 4 October 1997.  And my grandmother came and took me and my mother to her house at Okom onna L.G.A. all in Akwa Ibom State, at that time I was a child of 3 months.   When my dad died my grandma said that there is no body to take care of me and my mother.   She consoled my Mother. I lived with my mother for a short time and my Grandma come and requested me from her.  By then, I was very sick, having so many types of sickness, but my mother still endured and took accurate care for me until I grew and started attending nursery school, where my mother got married to another man called Elder Isaac Daniel Akpan in Ikot ekong in mkpat enin L.G.A. (local government area) all in Akwa Ibom State.  She still provided all needs during when I was schooling till I finished school (JHS) in September, 2009, and I started Secondary School in September 2009.  My mother was still providing my needs.

Since I was living with my Grandma, I decided to follow her to church.  Her husband was a Patriarch for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints under Ikot Akpaden.  During this time I always follow her to the church.  One day the missionaries met me on the way coming back from church, and asked me if I was a member of the church.  I said, “no.”
They asked me if I would like to be a member of the church.  And I answer yes.  They decided to start proselyting to me.  And I accepted the gospel.  I was 11 years old.  I also accepted to be baptized in the church.  My mom gave me permission.  I was baptized on 14 December 2008, and confirmed a member of the church on 21 December 2008.  After my baptism my life has changed, and I feel the spirit of the Lord with me all of the time till today.

When I finished my secondary school in 2015 (SSCE), I did not have anything doing, but I started some hard work (labor).  But one day my village head second son-like a friend to me, came to my house and asked me if I would do a work which is company work to be a flagman to that company.  Well, since I didn’t have any work doing, I agreed to do this work.  At the end of the month I earn 3,500 in Nigerian money.  ($11.00 US).  Out of this money I paid my tithe 350, remaining with 3,150 for me in my pocket.  I thought of what I will use the remaining money for, in order to gain profit from it.  But for God so doing, since going on mission was in my mind for so long, something came into my mind that I should start roasting chicken with this money that I have.   I went to my Stake President, Daniel Samuel Ikpeti, to tell him my decision to go on mission.  And what I plan doing to prepare in order to go on mission.  So my president encourage me to take the business serious so that I can sustain myself to go on mission.

On 20th March, 2016 I started the business by using 3,000 N to buy one chicken.   At the end of selling one roasted chicken which I bought, I earn money for two chickens.  I use 1,500 N to buy one chicken, then I buy firewood for 300 N, and I received a drum for the roasting of the chicken which cost 1,000 N.  I used 200 N for the spices or condiments  to use to cook it.   Then I started the business.  I always kill up to 5 chickens a day.  The money that gave me to buy more chickens was the money I had to buy one chicken.  I started my business  on 20 March 2016, until I went on my mission in December 29, 2016.  I sold 3-7 chickens everyday except Sunday for a period of 9 months. This helped me to process my mission forms such as yellow fever card, medical report, dental, international passport and Police clearance, and many more things that enable me and sustained my business with more money until I leaved for my mission.  My Stake President, and my ward Bishop, Bishop James Akpan Uko also support me until I leave on mission.  I paid some of my mission with the help from my Auntie Ukeme Imoh Udosen.

When I started my business there was a tenant called Eka Joy.  She showed me how to slaughter the chicken.  I also learn to do it by myself until I become a master.  I did it perfectly. 


But what I really thank God is that, I Elder Felix Sunday Idemudo has been able to serve as a Full-time missionary in the Lord’s Vineyard in Ghana Kumasi Mission.  I testify that God really listen to our prayers if we seek for Him with real intent of heart, I also testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been restored.   I pray that may God strengthen me to serve Him honourable and return honourable in His vineyard.  And I say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. 

3 comments:

  1. What a incredible story of sheer determination, hard work and incredible faith in the Lord by Elder Idemudo. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Edemudo
    Its great to his this wonderful testimony from you. I just came back from home where I visit with my home Ward and your Ward-Okom Ward.I your photograph pasted on notice board.
    Glad to see you serving as a full time in the
    Lord's Only true Church. I love appreciate
    your decision to serve without inhaling the some profits you were making in the village because I know young people struggled to earn a living out there in the village.
    You are indeed one of the many modern Nephi who prepares and heeds the Lords bidding.
    May Heavenly Father continued to strengthen you to be a source of strength to those you serve.Enjoy your mission.Love the Lord.Love your companion.
    Brother Cletus Martin- Lagos,Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother,nice to read your testimony and very inspired one. I know everything you said are true because I was there when you started it and heavenly father strengthen your will and make your plan come reality. You're one of my brother I wouldn't forget. We all missed you in the ward,hoping for you to return honourable as you said and God will be you. Your loving brother Iniobong Ikpeti

    ReplyDelete