Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Story of the Beautiful Blessings of Paying Tithing

Sister Esther John
June 2016

I worked very hard to earn enough money to continue my studies and to take my exams.  As the day approached for the final payment of all my school fees, I earned 15,000 Naira but 25,000 was needed.  But I knew the importance of tithing and felt that I had to pay tithing, even though that would leave me short for school fees.  It is a known fact that ALL fees must be paid by the deadline.  I paid my tithing and went to the school to see if I could work something out.  I explained that I had a payment coming to me in a week and would be able to complete payment of all of it at that time.  I was told no, I must pay all or nothing.  As I was walking away feeling very discouraged, a man who I had never met or seen before approached me and gave me the rest of the money I needed to register for school.

I know that listening to our Father and obeying His commandments that there is a blessing attached to it.  I know that faith is a seed that when we plant, we water it and take good care of it that it will grow and we nurture it and harvest it.  That is having faith in Jesus Christ, our Savior.  Because of the faith I have in Jesus Christ, I had to bring out my tithing from the same amount of money I was paid and I received the blessing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment